(Part-time Contract Role – approximately 25 hours / week)
Due to the pending retirement of the current Executive Officer, the TRA Ltd Board of Directors is seeking applications from individuals who are interested in taking on this executive management role.
ABOUT TARGET RIFLE AUSTRALIA LIMITED:
Target Rifle Australia Ltd is the National Sporting Organisation (NSO) responsible for the management and development of Small Bore and Air Rifle Shooting in Australia.
TRA Ltd is a member organisation of Shooting Australia and through that membership is affiliated with Sport Australia, the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC), Paralympics Australia, Commonwealth Games Australia (CGA), the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) and the Oceania Shooting Federation (OSF).
TRA Ltd.’s key stakeholders include its six state member organisations, their affiliated clubs and individual members.
TRA Ltd. works closely with Shooting Australia to deliver a sporting system that has achieved success at the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Commonwealth Games, ISSF, WSPS and WRABF World Championships.
ROLE PURPOSE, SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Officer of TRA Ltd. provides executive management services for TRA Ltd and its subsidiary company Target Ammunition Pty Ltd. Specific responsibilities, under instructions from the Board are outlined in the attached document.
- The Executive Officer TRA Ltd reports directly to the TRA Ltd. Board of Directors.
- The Executive Officer is a part time, ongoing contract role (approximately 25 hours per week).
- A service agreement will be negotiated with the successful applicant depending upon skillset and experience.
- Candidates should note that domestic travel will be required and that work outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays, will be part of the “normal” working week.
- A laptop computer will be supplied as part of the service agreement.
- The successful applicant should hold or be able to obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Candidates applying for the Executive Officer – TRA Ltd. role will require a range of personal and professional skills, qualifications and experience, including:
- Tertiary qualifications and / or a minimum of three years’ experience working in a sport management or related field are preferred, but not essential
- A strong understanding of the Australian sporting system and network, in particular the sport of small-bore and air rifle target shooting is preferred, but not essential
- Proven experience working in a collaborative environment to achieve joint objectives
- A proven ability to build strong relationships and influence members, clubs, State and National Sporting Organisations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and people management experience
- Experience managing budgets with an analytical ability to derive financial insights
- Experience in generating revenue for sport via government funding programs or other commercial means
- Experience in the development and implementation of programs, initiatives or campaigns that are designed to increase participation and membership
- Hold or be able to obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN) and a licence to sell ammunition in the legislative jurisdiction of their State.
- A highly driven, dynamic and energetic individual with the skills to challenge the status quo and lead change
- A strategic outlook with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
Applications close 14th April 2023 at 5pm (AEST) and should be forwarded to:
President – Target Rifle Australia Ltd.
M: 0416 066 308
E: [email protected]
Applicants should send a covering letter addressing the selection criteria above together with a curriculum vitae.
The successful applicant will be required to abide by the Target Rifle Australia Ltd. Code of Conduct and Member Protection Policies.
General Enquiries should be directed to Target Rifle Australia Ltd. via email at [email protected] or via telephone on 0411 322 926. Further information about TRA can be found on our website at www.tra.org.au