The TRA board have approved the selection policy and procedure for the WRABF World Championships to be held in Plzen, Czech Republic in August 2023.
Selection Policy and Procedure:
- A TRA member competing for selection in the Australian Air Rifle / Rimfire Benchrest team to contest the WRABF World Championships to be held in Plzen Czech Republic in August 2023 must attend the TRA – RBA National Championships to be held at Brisbane International Shooting Centre from 3rd – 6th November 2022.
- Australian Team selection will be based on competitors’ overall scores after 2022 RBA National Championships. Competitors will be ranked in order based on their results from each individual event, events being:
Air Rifle Light Varmint
Air Rifle Heavy Varmint
International Sporter Rimfire Rifle
Rimfire Rifle Light Varmint
Rimfire Rifle Heavy Varmint
Team Qualifying Criteria:
- Australian A Team: shall comprise the three (3) highest scoring athletes selected from each event at the 2022 TRA - RBA National Championships.
- Australian B Team: shall comprise the next three (3) highest scoring athletes selected from each event at the 2022 TRA – RBA National Championships.
- If a selected athlete is unable to accept the nomination to the team, the vacant position will go to the next highest scoring athlete from that individual event. This procedure will continue until the A and B teams are filled or until the 15th ranked athlete in the individual event from the 2022 RBA National Championships is offered a vacant position. No athlete placing below 15th in the event will be offered a place.
- Junior Athletes: The three (3) highest scoring junior athletes from each event at the 2022 TRA – RBA National Championships will be eligible to attend as individuals but may also be selected in either the Australian A or B teams if they qualify according to the above criteria.
- Subject to WRABF discretion, anadditional three (3) athletes may be selected to compete in events as individuals and may compete in either the Australian A or B teams at the discretion of the Australian Team Manager / Captain should an issue with a team member arise. (e.g., illness, equipment failure etc.)
Approved by the TRA Ltd Board of Directors 3/11/2021